Cedar Park Christian Schools and Northwest University have teamed together to offer concurrent credit to our students. Concurrent Credit Programs (CCP) allow students the opportunity to earn credit while attending their regular high school classes.
Concurrent credit is similar to programs like Running Start, AP or IB. We maintain control of our distinctly Christian curriculum, while keeping students on campus and allowing them the opportunity to earn college credit. As of now, a current sophomore has the opportunity to graduate from CPCS (as a senior) with 18 semester credits of college level courses on an accredited 4-year college transcript. These concurrent credits through Northwest University or Northwest Nazarene University taken on our campus are a fraction of the University price for our families.
The CPCS Mountlake Terrace Campus offers the following courses for college credit:
- Anatomy & Physiology (8 credits) Northwest University
- Chemistry (4 credits) Northwest University
- English-12 (3 credits): College Prep-Writing & Composition, Northwest Nazarene University or
- English-11 (3 credits): Honors-Writing & Composition, Northwest Nazarene University
- US History (3 credits) Northwest University
If you would like more information about Cedar Park Christian’s Concurrent Credit Programs, please email Jody Speck – Registrar.