Welcome Prospective International Families
It is with pleasure that we introduce you to Cedar Park Christian Schools. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of academic programs in a positive, loving, encouraging, and decidedly Christian setting. Students are encouraged to grow in their own personal relationship with Christ and also to view life from a Biblical perspective. Cedar Park Christian Schools are committed to equipping and meeting the needs of our international students in four critical areas:
- Spiritual life: We will cultivate in our students a developing relationship with God through Bible classes, weekly chapel services, retreats, and ministry opportunities designed to encourage a heart for service. We will prepare our students to make choices that are consistent with a Biblical worldview. We will encourage students to be involved in a local church.
- Academic life: Strong academics build a solid foundation and will prepare students for university. Teachers are well-qualified professionals who take a personal, caring interest in the lives of their students.
- Social life: Our students and staff encourage international students to build relationships with American students and help them integrate into American culture.
- Home life: Advisors and the International Director are available to communicate with guardians and parents to ensure students are safe, healthy, and cared for.
We have several campuses and are able to provide over 2,000 students with a distinctly Christian and academically excellent education, offering programs for infants through twelfth grade. Cedar Park Christian Schools is the largest evangelical Christian school district in North America and we are pleased to be able to host international students on our campuses. Our hope is to develop Christian leaders who will return to their countries of origin and make a difference.
We look forward to receiving your completed registration application. You can view all admissions information on our Admissions page. Please call with any further questions you may have.
Cedar Park Christian Schools:
- Bothell Campus (Preschool – 12): (425) 488-9778
- Bellevue Campus (Preschool – 5): (425) 746-3258
- Mill Creek Campus (Preschool – 8 ): (425) 337-6992
- Lynnwood Campus (Preschool – 6): (425) 742-9518
- Mountlake Terrace Campus (7 -12): (425) 774-7773
Application Procedures for International Students
Thank you for your interest in Cedar Park Christian Schools. Below is the process in place for International Students interested in applying to one of our campuses where we issue I-20s.
An International Student must first be accepted into Cedar Park Christian Schools before the issuance of an I-20 and an adequate level of English oral and written communication is essential for student success. Students meeting other admittance requirements, but lacking sufficient English fluency may be required to take an ESL class as a condition of enrollment. The ESL class may not necessarily be offered through Cedar Park Christian Schools and it is the responsibility of parents/guardians to make arrangements for students requiring ESL.
Please refer to the International Student Application under the Admissions Documents section regarding additional information and documents required to complete the application packet.
- Parents/guardians complete an application packet. This is submitted to the school office along with a copy of the student’s passport and VISA, copy of birth certificate/family registry (translated) bank statement (translated), a copy of any current I-20 (if a transfer student), and the following: One cashier’s check/money order/cash of $1000 for the Application Fee (non-refundable) and one cashier’s check/money order/cash of $3,260 for the International Student Fee, Building Fee, and Registration Fee (refundable if the student is not accepted). To review all the material for the application process, please click here to see documents.
- If the student will not be living with a parent, then the school requires legal custodianship/guardianship documentation. (See sample under Admissions Documents). CPCS requires that the student reside with the Legal Guardian(s) and that the Legal Guardian(s) sign all required application and financial paperwork.
- Once we have received a completed application packet, a formal family interview will be scheduled, requiring the attendance of the student and both of their parents, or both legal guardians, and an interpreter if necessary.
- When a student is accepted, all tuition for the school year must be paid and is non-refundable. Early payment discounts do not apply. When the tuition and all fees have cleared the School Finance Office, the School will be in a position to issue an I-20.
- Parents must also arrange for students to have adequate medical insurance in place for their students while living in the United States.
- If parents and students determine that a change in guardianship is necessary at any time, the parents must provide a 30 day written notice prior to the change and schedule an interview with the new guardian, the campus administrator and the international director.
- Notice of change to US residential address and phone contact information must be submitted to CPCS within 10 days of the change in order to comply with Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Thank you for your interest in our schools and feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. We desire that each of our international students has an opportunity to study at our Christian School, not only with excellent academics, but to grow in their faith as a Christian along with a positive social environment and a healthy and safe living situation.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact Jody Speck at 425-774-7773 or send her an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).