CPCS Scrip Program
What is Scrip?Scrip is a simple way to pay for your family’s everyday purchases and earn money back on your tuition. You can use Scrip gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards at your favorite stores, gas stations, restaurants, etc.
How it WorksYou purchase Scrip gift cards from CPCS at face value and the school orders those cards at a reduced price. The difference becomes an instant rebate for your family to use toward your tuition bill. It’s that easy! The more you use it, the more benefit you will receive.
With just a little planning, you can use Scrip cards to shop for your monthly budgeting needs and your family can have the benefit of reducing your tuition bill. You can also choose to donate a percentage to CPCS or to another family to help with their tuition costs.
2. Order via paper order form on due dates (See forms above and see dues dates on form) OR
a. Once your Scrip account is set up online, set up a PrestoPay account. This process takes a few days to verify. There are instructions on the website on how to do this. You will need a PrestoPay account for instant access to gift cards through Reload, ReloadNow and ScripNow purchases.
Now you are ready to shop! Check out these great features:
- Plastic Cards – These are regular plastic gift cards. These are subject to the order deadline and fill dates listed below.
- Reloads – Some retailers offer Reload and ReloadNow on the plastic cards you purchase through Scrip using PrestoPay – so no more waiting for the next order deadline.
- ScripNow – Some retailers offer e-certificates that are available on your computer or mobile device within minutes of purchasing using PrestoPay.
- Myscripwallet.com – Scrip for your mobile device! Great for purchasing Scrip or reloading existing scrip cards while you are out and about.
Scrip Dates: check the Scrip forms linked above for dates
Q: What is Scrip?
A: Scrip are gift cards or certificates that are used just like cash at the participating stores.
Q: Why buy Scrip?
A: Each Scrip certificate purchased directs a designated percentage of the purchase price back in cash to Cedar Park Christian Schools. This percentage differs with each individual vendor.
Q: Does Scrip cost me more money?
A: Absolutely not! If you pay $50, you get Scrip worth $50. You pay the same but the school benefits from your planned shopping.
Q: Is it really this simple?
A: Yes! Here's an example: You pay $100 and receive $100 in Starbucks gift cards. Through the Great Lakes Scrip Program, a percentage of the $100 comes back to the school.
Q: How do I order Scrip?
A: Complete the order form, attach a check (no cash) and deliver to the Finance Office. You have the option of having the Scrip sent home with your student or you can pick it up at the Finance Office.
Q: How long does it take to get the Scrip?
A: The following most frequently purchased merchants are always in stock in the Finance Office for immediate pickup:
- Fred Meyer
- Top Foods
- Shell Gas
Orders need to be received in the Finance Office by 3 p.m. on MONDAY dates listed above (for branch campuses the orders must be in by 3 p.m. on the previous Friday), and Scrip is typically ready on Thursday or Friday.
Q: So how does this new "Tuition Assistance Program with Scrip" work?
A: Purchase Scrip. Fill out the Tuition Assistance Program form. The school records your purchases. Families need to accumulate a minimum of $50 worth of discount percentages (profit) to have tuition credits applied to their statement. Accumulated amounts less than $50 at the end of the Scrip fiscal year (February 28, 2011) will be automatically applied to the school Financial Aid fund. Tuition credits will be posted to your April statement.
Q: How do we earn Tuition Credits?
A: Each Scrip item has a percentage discount associated with it. The tuition credit received is 100% of the percentage shown next to the item on the order form.
Q: Now I’m confused!
A: For example:
- Purchase $500 per month of QFC/Fred Meyer Scrip for 6 months ($3,000 total)
- The QFC/Fred Meyer discount is 4%
- You accrue 100% of that discount amount (4% of the amount spent) towards Tuition Credit (remember, a minimum of $50 accumulated is necessary to receive credit)
- In this example, 4% of the $3,000 you spent to purchase Scrip equals $120.00
- By simply planning ahead and purchasing the $3,000 in QFC/Fred Meyer Scrip, you receive $120 Tuition Credit applied directly to your Cedar Park account.
Q: I still have questions, who can I ask?
A: CPCS Scrip Coordinator, Diana Pitts (email@example.com) or call the Finance Office at (425) 488-9778 ext 1114.